1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV pilot season...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Will they even have theme songs? Not many TV shows even use them any longer. The producers/networks would rather use that time for more of the show commercials.

2. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

"Trust Me" last year on TNT, which pissed me off to no end. Like a lot of you, I'm leery of jumping on board with new shows because I don't want to get hooked on a show that's just going to get canceled right away, but I figured with this being on TNT, it would get time to grow. Oops. It got off to a slow start, but by the time they got to the end of the season, I thought it was really rolling. Didn't get renewed, though, and that was that.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

NBC should just fire everyone (except the blonde from Chuck) and start over. They are like the Keystone Kops of the entertainment world.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

God I loved that show so much.

5. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

If you like cop shows, boy will you have options - like 22 of them.
    http://www.thrfeed.com/2010/02/know-your-tv-drama-pilots-2010-cop-doc-or-lawyer.html

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ehhh, nobody's a bigger "Rockford" fan than I am, but if the writing and casting (not just Jim, but also Dennis, Beth and especially Rocky and Angel) is OK, I could see a new version making it.

For a few weeks, Matt Dillon was rumored to be in the lead to play Jim, now supposedly Josh Lucas is the hot prospect. But they seem to be dragging their feet on getting a cast together, which could be good news (if they're holding out to get the right people) or bad (if they end up with 3rd or 4th-liners).

7. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

When I grew up, I always thought I would be a success if I ever made Rockford money: $200 a day, plus expenses.

8. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Did anyone watch the lawyer show Raising the Bar on TNT? It was one for one, maybe two seasons. Created by Stephen Bochco. I was really disappointed it got dumped.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Network support doesn't guarantee much. NBC gave a huge push to Studio 60 and that show was dead by mid-season, though they did eventually air the entire first season. Not that it didn't deserve to get cancelled, but it shows how little an intial committment by a network really means.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

That'd be a helluva salary for a journalist to aspire to, really

11. BRoth

BRoth Member

Still waiting for Shoving Buddies to catch a break.

Draft saved Draft deleted