1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV Landers: Best "All in the Family" episode

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Jun 13, 2007.

1. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Stretch Cunningham dies and is discovered to be Jewish.

Layoffs at the plant and Julio (I think) gets laid off--which Archie thinks is bad news for his Hispanic friend, until he's reminded who does all the work.

Aluminum siding salesman sells/cons Archie on heat loss with a light meter.

As a kid I thought that Lionel was the coolest character--I loved when he'd tell Archie he was going to be a 'lectrical engineer. Meathead didn't like the leg-pulling. In retrospect I wonder how tight Lionel would have been with the Stivics.

I saw that Lionel (Michael Evans) died last year or at least in the last little stretch. Came up with Good Times ... with Michael Evans being Florida's young son's handle.

YHS, etc

2. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

My first suit when I was about 14 was from the Joe Namath Collection! A hideous looking thing. Now, back to Bunker ...

3. printdust

printdust New Member

If anyone has a tape of that one, IM me.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Forgive me Lord....the Jeffersons was right.

5. The way he says, "Lorrawwwd," -- I can't even replicate it in print -- kills me.
    For this character alone, Carroll O'Connor has to be reckoned with the great American actors.

6. Trucha

Trucha Member

Sammy Davis, yep; talking to God in the basement, definitely.

Another of my favorites: Archie buys a tape recording of a dog barking to keep burglars out. Alas, two black guys break in while the family's away: Cleavon Little and Demond Wilson (from Sanford & Son).

The dialogue between Little -- "Heeerree, doggy, doggy! -- and Wilson over who had a tougher upbringing was hysterical until Edith chimed in about how sad it all was. I remember Little saying to Meathead, "Lookie what we got here ... a lib--er--al!"

Oh, and Sgt. Polanski didn't lose Archie's paperwork; he made a guy retype the whole thing -- the guy who typed with one finger.

7. casty33

casty33 Active Member

How about Archie's tete-a-tete with the waitresss played by Janis Paige? Very funny.

Draft saved Draft deleted