1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV Gets Idiot Callers Too

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Football_Bat, May 31, 2010.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

When I was a kid I remember being pissed off at CBS for pre-empting a Peanuts special.

It was because Reagan was shot. In my childlike mind, I didn't care about some guy in a suit. I wanted to see Charlie Brown, dammit!

2. apeman33

apeman33 Well-Known Member

It's also no danger at 3:30 a.m., when the nighttime guy has been home for hours and the morning guy isn't going to come in any earlier than he has to.

3. The woman is perhaps not the most stable example, but I agree with her premise 100 percent.

I can't stand the self-righteousness of TV weather people and their enabling weather-junkie viewers who act as if they're doing God's work by interrupting regular programming to bring us 15 straight hours of radar-watching.

Let the weather fetishists listen to their NOAA radios or something. The rest of us are getting on with life.

4. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Most people don't care about local government either.
    Screw covering that crap. I want my local news to lead off with who won Dancing With the Stars.

5. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

These kind of coincidences always remind me of this from The Onion.
    http://www.theonion.com/articles/pepsi-super-bowl-commercial-got-you-talking-report,6567/

6. When I listened to this, my first thought was, "Well, does this woman understand the station might just cover the area affected by the weather, too?"

I know a few times a month I hear someone say, "You only cover eight schools, why couldn't you be at the bowling meet?" Then I get to explain that we actually cover about 20 because life does exist outside of this city and within our coverage area.

Draft saved Draft deleted