1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV dramatic series suggestions

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Steak Snabler, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

What about your show?

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He didn't take the name from that show, or the movies. I can't remember what it is in reference to, but it is not head-hunting immortals.

The Highlander tv show wasn't bad, but it certainly doesn't belong among the shows on this thread. Sometimes very good. Sometimes very funny. Sometimes really stupid. With the exception of the original, the movies are all shit. The straight-to-Sci-Fi channel one that came out most recently was one of the worst things I have ever watched. Not even enjoyable as campy fun. Just plain bad.

3. outofplace

I really need to get the DVD collection of Battlestar Galactica Season 1 which includes the miniseries. I enjoyed the entire run, but that first season was fantastic.

4. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

As much success as Michael Mann had with Miami Vice, he made another show called Crime Story that was really good. Dennis Farina was one of the stars, and some big time people guested in it (David Caruso, Kevin Spacey, Gary Sinise, Ving Rhames, Miles Davis, Stanley Tucci and a host of others).

The first season is the only one worth seeing, season two sucked something awful because the show shifted sites.

5. Calvin Hobbes

Calvin Hobbes Member

I love Crime Story.

6. highlander

highlander Member

Crime Story was great and had a great opening song.

7. highlander

highlander Member

Not my show. The Highlander was my high school's mascot.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I would second the first two years of NYPD Blue, in which Caruso absolutely carried the show. Of all the various combinations, Caruso and Franz were the best mix as actors.

Also, harder to find, but the first 3-4 years of Hill Street Blues and St. Elsewhere are quality TV. St. Elsewhere had an amazing cast.

9. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I don't know about Caruso and Franz being the best. Smits was really, really good.

10. outofplace

I thought Caruso left after only one season. I agree with Bodie. I thought the show was at its best when Smits was on it.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Well, that's dedication for you.
    You West Milford people really stay true to your school.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

In fairness, he probably picked that name in high school and had no choice but to stick with it. There can be only one SJ handle.

Draft saved Draft deleted