1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV/Cable help, aka IJAG's an idiot

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl2, Mar 2, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So are the shows you TIVOed all from earlier than 3:30 a.m.? Could be that it is a cable problem and nothing is getting through since then.

I would check back with the apartment guy. Just because no one reported anything doesn't mean everything is good.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Yeah, it apparently tried to Tivo something at noon, so I went to go watch it and as soon as I hit play, it said "delete now' or 'do nothing' or whatever, so it recorded nothing.

I'll try again when I get home from work. I'll unplug everything and leave it there.

3. Why go for the layup when you can, you know, score from deep?

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

sorry. i'm among the immature idiots who can't get past, "i don't have a box." :eek: ;D :eek: ;D

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

This seems like the proper play. The only other thing I can think of would be the channel that the television is set to. Could that have changed? (I'm not referring to the TIVO box, the actual TV)

Also, I believe IJAG's box is just fine.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

FWIW, I bought a magnet last year at a small quirky shop here in town. This is it:

[​IMG]

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Um, thanks for your vote of confidence?

And no, the channel didn't change. I had the TV on in the background last night while surfing SportsJournalists.com and waiting for the rain to let up so I could go to sleep. It just suddenly went black.

8. shockey

shockey Active Member

excellent! i knew there was a reason i heart you.

9. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

I had a friend who worked in tech support for a computer company. People would call and he would tell them to unplug the computer and turn it on again. If that didn't work, he'd ship on to the next level of tech support.

Sumbitch made more money than I did.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

And you said water was coming down something fierce onto the roof. Easily could've leaked into the system and damaged your wiring, especially if you're on the top floor.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Nah, wicked, I don't think that's it. I'm on the top floor of apartments, but there's an attic space above me. I just think I'm going to have to deal with the fact I'll have to have someone come out and look at the wiring, costing me cash money I don't really have.

12. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

In that case, it is probably the building's cable.

The only way to verify this would be to remove the TIVO in the middle and plug the cable directly into the TV. If this works, then it means that your TIVO has a problem with the input. If it still doesn't work it is the cable coming in.

Draft saved Draft deleted