1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV Alert: Peanuts on two networks tonight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 24, 2011.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

ABC has "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" at 8/7.

Fox has "Happiness is a Warm Blanket, Charlie Brown" at 8:30/7:30.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Isn't "Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" the one where they go into great graphic detail about the massive death toll among the Pilgrims due to starvation and disease?

Ugh. Pass the chestnut stuffing.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My favorite part of Charlie Brown Thanksgiving is when Woodstock goes cannibal and starts eating Turkey.

They're billing this "Warm Blanket" as a "new" one and I could have sworn they showed it earlier this year...

4. JosephC.Myers

JosephC.Myers Active Member

I re-watched Charlie Brown Thanksgiving on YouTube last night and also noted the irony of Woodstock eating turkey. I also forgot how angry Snoopy was all the time. He was very tempremental. LOL

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

The other ones could be on every night. This is the only one that matters.

[​IMG]

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

"Charlie Brown Thanksgiving" is the one where CB makes toast instead of turkey for dinner after Peppermint Patty browbeats him into being the host (as a side note, just ones, I'd like to see Charlie tell Patty to "Shut the fuck up" when she becomes overbearing).

The one you're thinking of is "Mayflower Voyageurs", which is from the "This is Americ, a Charlie Brown" miniseries (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Is_America,_Charlie_Brown).

Frankly, that episode sucks monkeyballs. There's not one laugh in the whole show, except for maybe one Snoopy scene.

7. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

My favorite part of the Thanksgiving episode is Snoopy fighting with the lawn chair. I want to know where these kids live that it's warm enough to have Thanksgiving dinner outside and then two weeks later, they're ice skating.

Also, I never noticed until last night that Peppermint Patty is voiced by a little boy in this episode. It was kind of off-putting. I have no idea how I never picked up on it before.

8. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Colorado. We at dinner outside yesterday, and today the ice rink opened downtown in the big city. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted