1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV ALERT: More proof that God hates Cleveland sports

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chi City 81, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Bulls-Cavs, 1989 Game 5. On ESPN Classic now.

[​IMG]

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Dead. To. Me. [/ijag]

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

I will not be baited into ripping on pathetic Cleveland fanboys loosers because I know Doc is not one of them.

I will not be baited into ripping on pathetic Cleveland fanboys loosers because I know Doc is not one of them.

I will not ...

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Thank God I am at work so I don't have to see this.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

C'mon Spnited. You know you want it.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Hey, he's showing tremendous restraint here. I always wonder if the ability to avoid taking bait fades with age. I know my will power isn't what it used to be, but I'm not as ...experienced as spnited.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Excellent restraint here.

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

T-minus 20 minutes till The Shot.

9. CitizenTino

CitizenTino Active Member

I still remember being little and watching that game from a bedroom at my grandparents' house and being driven to tears when Jordan's shot fell and 18 years later, it still hurts.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Michael from the free-throw line, a shot on Ehlo and YEAHHH!!!!!! The BULLS WIN!!! THEY WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Good thing I don't have cable. My TV might not make it through the afternoon in one piece.

(For the record, it is never easy to watch any portion of that game, and it is nearly impossible to watch The Shot -- still burns metaphorical daggers -- but this season, at least, Cleveland managed to usurp Chicago for one night and jump up a few spots for the No. 2 seed. If nothing else, the Cavaliers at least received the easier road through the first few rounds to the Eastern Conference finals.

Now watch them lose to the Wizards in seven games.)

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Seeing the replay: Watch for the closeup of Collins after the shot. Behind him, Lacy J. Banks is jumping up and down, and someone else, I believe it was Melissa Isaacson, also gets out of her seat with a "Holy Shit" look on her face.

Draft saved Draft deleted