1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV alert: Charlie Brown Christmas repeats tonight

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 16, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8/7 on ABC.

I almost missed it.

2. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I love me some Snoopy.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I did miss it. Damnit.

Looks like I gotta go out and buy a replacement for the Charlie Brown Xmas DVD that disappeared last year.

4. Inky_Wretch

Go ahead and get the box set, BYH.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

so i'm at borders today for a few hours reading and they're playing peanuts christmas songs. the one that gets this jew boy (don't know the title) is the slow, choralesque piece heavy with piano. so sweet and peaceful. anyone know the one i'm talking about?

6. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

7. Inky_Wretch

O Tannenbaum maybe?

"Christmas Time is Here" has some vocals.

8. Songbird

i can't utilize those links on my phone (damn helio). i do know that it's the uber-popular one. probably the one they play throughout the show, especially when charlie brown is feeling sorry for himself. it's just so sweet and tender. IIRC, there are long stretches of the peaceful piano before the kids start doing their choral part.

9. Songbird

i'll try to phonetics the general tune...

du-du-duuuuuu du-du-du-duuuuuu
    du-du-duuuuuu du-du-du-du

and it goes from there.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

That's the problem...I have it. But I lost the Xmas one. I think I left it at my parents' house or my sister's house last year and it's under a pile of crap.

Of course, the only one I really wanted out of the set was the Xmas one. I enjoy Halloween, but could get by watching it on TV once a year, and the Thanksgiving one is meh.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The Christmas Time is Here on the show has vocals, but there's a long, elegant instrumental version on the album.

From the duuuuuus, sounds like instrumental Christmas Time is Here

12. Songbird

you're probably right, meat.

i love it. something about it seaps into the soul and bandies about and makes the whole rest of the day peaceful.

Draft saved Draft deleted