1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV alert: "A Charlie Brown Christmas"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Bad Guy Zero

Bad Guy Zero Active Member

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Once again it's on

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Lights, please.

[​IMG]

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Kills me every time.

5. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I wonder if kids today can appreciate it.

6. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

We just went to the Charles Schultz museum a few weeks ago and I rediscovered the Peanuts. My boys are tearing through some Peanuts books that they checked out from the library.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Mine is 2 1/2 and "Peanuts" really doesn't keep his attention. Between Pixar animation and some of the ways they keep kids engaged on shows like "Dora" and "Team Umi Zoomi," Charlie Brown and the gang can't keep his attention. Or my nephews for that matter. When Charlie Brown "Thanksgiving," I believe, was up against the Christmas special from the movie with the wooly mammoths - "Ice Age" maybe? - there was no question which one we were gathering around the TV for.

And, hey, I'd usually rather read Jonathan Frazen than Dosteyevsky, given the choice. Classics are classic for a reason, but they age.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

My 5 and 7 year old cousins love Peanuts and were so riveted to the TV on Thanksgiving night during the specials, they barely said goodbye to me.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

Indeed. Damn. :(

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

My soon-to-be 3-year-old loves Peanuts. The fight scene between Snoopy and the folding chair in the Thanksgiving episode gets her roaring with laughter. My wife thought I was tickling her because the kid was laughing so hard.

Christmas is a little different. She worries about Charlie Brown and asks why he's sad.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it. Maybe my people are anomalies.

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The 60s through the early 70s were the golden era of the print products.

Draft saved Draft deleted