1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV Ads you like thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jan 13, 2013.

1. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

That campaign jumped the shark at some point, but in their prime, they were gold. The little throwaway lines by the background singer were absolutely hysterical.

I'm hoping the current greatest ad campaign ever (The Most Interesting Man In the World) stays ahead of the game. So far it has. ("It has never been ... his bad.")

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I thought the Most Interesting Man campaign got stale for a while, and then outta nowhere they come back with "He once parallel-parked a train. ... " One of the best lines yet.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

http://budlight.whipnet.com

4. Gold

Gold Active Member

The Most Interesting Man in the World campaign on radio is even better. "Bigfoot has a picture of him".

The Most Interesting Man in the World would get the best of Chuck Norris before Chuck Norris knew what happened.

"Stay Thirsty, My Friends"

5. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Cow. C-O-W-E-I-E-I-O. *buzzer* Dagnabbit!

Don't know why it cracks me up, but it just does.

6. Oscar Gamble

Oscar Gamble New Member

I assume this 2010 Subaru commercial is the one you meant:

Interesting that the 'father' and the 'younger and older daughter' weren't just actors but also a real family:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/driveon/post/2010/08/real-life-family-tugs-heartstrings-new-subaru-ad/1

7. dieditor

dieditor Member

Your posting of that link puts me forever in your debt, sir.

8. DanOregon

Just call me the "Posts links to stuff on the Internet" guy. I post things like videos of little kids getting hit in the face with a beach ball, cat pictures and photos marked NSFW. (Doooooon't you want to click that?) If not for me, people would spend more time getting stuff done at work and less time having to explain to their boss or wife why they were looking at that picture of the Hollywood starlet ended up on their computer. (Ooooh, you're in trouble) So here's to me, I find stuff on the Internet and just have to share it. (Mr. Post links to stuff on the Innnnnternet Guy).

9. DanOregon

Best ads of the new college football season go to Capital One. Mike the Tiger chasing the laser spotter around the room while the LSU coach is reviewing game film was good, but the USF "Bull in the China Shop" was fantastic.

Thumbs down on the Northwestern U. spot with various campus people wearing ears, tails and whiskers (narrated by Michael Wilbon). That was the kind of spot I'd expect out of the Sun Belt Conference. It's almost like the serious schools have to convince people they can have fun in these and the football factories (like Alabama) have to show that yes - it is actually a real university.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The "Be All You Can Be" commercials were the most effective ad campaigns of the 20th century, bar none.
    Took the Army 20 years to change it.
    It will never be bettered.

11. DanOregon

The Army Strong theme by Mark Isham was good. Of course the secret to military recruiting ads on TV is that they aren't just to recruit the kid, but to get the parents to support it.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The Army is constantly trying to reinvent itself as an institution.
    Its corporate overlords usually tout this as modernization.
    But it seems to have been in a constant identity crisis since the demise of "Be All You Can Be."
    Just look at how many times they've changed uniforms in the last 10 years.
    I still love the simplicity of the Marine ads - are you good enough to be one of us?
    No time wasted selling itself on skills and college money.
    Are you tough enough?

Draft saved Draft deleted