1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TV Ads you like thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

This Nike Golf commercial.

2. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Love this. Will be fascinating to see if Tiger remains buddy-buddy with Rory if Rory keeps kicking his ass.

Also interesting to see if Rory has any struggles with new Nike gear. Like Shipnuck wrote, you wouldn't think so -- he could win swinging a shovel, as McDowell said -- but it will be an adjustment and last year's midseason struggles do show he can actually sometimes get off-track, as impossible at it seems when he's hitting every drive 320 in the middle of the fairway and dropping every putt.

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I know there's been hate for this one, but I think it's outstanding. Jack-in-the-Box mini sirloin burgers ad:

Be warned, that song will be stuck in your head. Isn't that point of a good commercial?

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Zany Zappers

Greatest product and commerical in TV history

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Oldie but goodie: Blu Blockers

"Pussy Cow" ???

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I love every last one of those ads for the "As Seen on TV" products. A big selling point is always someone who apparently shouldn't be trusted to draw breath without a cue card bollixing up a basic task badly, thus indicating the need for the new wonder product. And as always, "ask us about upgraded shipping!"

Actually, those products will usually show up months later at your local chain drug store for about 10 bucks.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

1995 I was in California for a wedding, about five years before I moved here.
    I went to Venice Beach one day, and there was the rapper guy from the Blu Blockers commercial.
    It is my favorite celebrity encounter.

8. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

John Houseman was the king of commercials when I was a kid.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

"Mr. Haaarrt!"

10. Quiet Man

Quiet Man Active Member

I like this one:

The 'most dangerous band in the world' caught lugging their golf clubs through the airport.

"As far as your fans are concerned, you are only capable of hate"

"I don't hate golf."

"Now learn how to trash a hotel room" <smash>

"I'll get some water for those flowers."

11. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

reviving this thread for this mac and cheese ad

that riffs on an old 80s anti-drug PSA

12. Gold

Gold Active Member

Recent: The car commercial (Honda?) where the four-year-old girl is behind the steering wheel and the worried father is giving instructions. Then the girl is about 17 or 18. A perfect way to show how fathers care about their daughter.

Early in this century: The Budweiser "Real American Heroes" and "Real Men of Genius". There were a couple of times I had to pull the car to the side because I was laughing so hard.

Draft saved Draft deleted