1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tuscaloosa News offers buyouts

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by The Rules of Golf, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Major Batman

Major Batman Member

Hmm, I assume Rivals made a play for Hurt since they snatched Chris Low for the Tennessee beat. They went big game hunting. I wonder who else was approached?

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Others may know more about this than me, but I was advised today that some other "larger" NYTRG papers were also probably looking at buyouts. I don't know the list of NYT regional papers well enough off the top of my head to know who that might include.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Here you go, HH:

http://www.nytrng.com/nytrng/newspapers.htm

4. HejiraHenry

Thanks.

5. HejiraHenry

Initially, I accepted that as true. But now I hear that "per employee expenses in each newsroom" are an issue in determining which NYTRG papers will face layoffs ... if you were figuring a 100K salary in to the mix in T-Town, say, wouldn't that be a substantial hit on the per employee matrix?

Draft saved Draft deleted