1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tuscaloosa News: Cecil Hurt had UA booster co-sign loan

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Nov 29, 2007.

1. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

here's the thing I'm most puzzled by, or maybe shouldn't be puzzled considering some of the tales I hear about salaries ...

It's a $4,000 loan.You need a cosigner for $4,000?

2. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Shitty credit?

3. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

It implies pretty bad credit. And someone who has already overborrowed against whatever assets they may have.

4. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I guess it's a sad commentary on how a medical situation can destroy you financially. To the point where you need help, after decades of work, paying a medical bill.

And $4,000 isn't even that huge of a bill these days. Heck, that's just a trip to the ER for a broken bone in some cases.

5. Absolutely. They give out credit like candy today, so it would have to be monstrously bad credit to the point of not being able to get any more. Perhaps past bankruptcies, stuff like that.

6. henryhenry

henryhenry Member

it just feels good to insult southerners. they gave us the idiot in the white house, after all.

7. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

They did?

Texans aren't Southeners. Big difference.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I'm trying to determine which geographic group of people has the thinnest skin when it comes to being stereotyped about where they're from: Utahns or those from the deep south.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

Which group has to eat more shit from the rest of the country? The South.

It gets a bit old, especially since there are just as many rednecks and fuckups in Iowa or Oregon as there are in Alabama or Georgia.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

THAT"S NOT FUNNY! MORAN!

Hmmm, notice he didn't defend Arkansas and Mississippi... ;)

11. henryhenry

henryhenry Member

i mean they voted him in.
    they always vote in a bloc - lockstep - for the GOP. all these poor southern states - mired in poverty - and still voting for Wall Street. go figure.

12. John

John Well-Known Member

I might not have defensed those two, but I lumped my home state in there.

Draft saved Draft deleted