1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Turning Public Embarassments Out To Pasture

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ben_Hecht, Dec 19, 2007.

1. No biggie. Hell, I didn't know that for years. You can't really tell when you see him on TV.

2. This is bizarre reasoning.

Because a certain portion of the population deems someone "incorrect," that should be enough to get him out of a magazine?

I'd say just don't read what he has to say. Can you please cite some liberal columnists who should suffer the same fate?

3. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

Wikipedia says it was a diving accident, although I thought I read somewhere that he had MS.

It also includes this odd bit (no idea if it's true or not):

From 1975-1978, Krauthammer was a Resident and then a Chief Resident in Psychiatry at the Massachusetts General Hospital. During this time he contracted syphillis from a colleague identified as Kurt McIntyre, noted for also identifying a form of mania (a part of bipolar disorder) which they named "secondary mania"[4]

4. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I loved Charles K's line about the 43's progress against the axis of evil -- "It took Bush three years to find his general (as it did Lincoln) and turn a losing war into a winnable one."

5. Fixed.

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Whaaaa? What is this? Suppression-boy #27463?

7. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Fenian doing quote-function fun?

Did the earth just shift?

8. Did the earth move for you, too?

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm blushing.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The problem I have with both of them is when public opinion doesn't jibe with theirs, the public is obviously wrong. They never even consider the possibility they may be wrong or out of touch. Krauthammer's lack of understanding for the Huckabee surge is case 1A.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Both circus clowns have been right so often, the past six-plus years . . . how do we have the terminity to EVER doubt the little darlings?

Draft saved Draft deleted