1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Turning Public Embarassments Out To Pasture

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Ben_Hecht, Dec 19, 2007.

1. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Well, their consistently lousy judgment won't be on display, anymore, at this particular venue:

http://www.observer.com/2007/kristol-krauthammer-are-out-time

2. Oh, I thought this was supposed to be a thread about how the Dems in the Senate are trying to get Robert Byrd out of his leadership position.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Even if I don't always agree with him, I don't have a problem with Krauthammer. Actually I like reading him. Kristol may as well change his name to Baghdad Bill for the GOP.

4. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Unfortunately, I'm sure reality will continue to elude both of them.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Krauthammer disturbs me physically. There is something about the way a suit sits on him that makes me think ventriloquist dummy. Other than that, I enjoyed his candor in the story. I like people like this. 'Asked if he would have preferred to stay with the magazine, Mr. Krauthammer, a Pulitzer Prize winner who writes a regular column for The Washington Post, suggested there wasn’t much of a choice. “It’s a hypothetical that didn’t arise,” he said.'

6. Are you aware he's confined to a wheelchair?

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

No. I had no idea!!! Jeez. I feel like the asshole of the century right now.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

So the public embarrassment that is Time Magazine will no longer taint the reputations of the two men. Good for them.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Kristol disturbs me physically. Every time I see him on TV I want to smash the fucker in the face with frying pan.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It's that smug look on his face. Looks like the type of guy who would run away from a fight.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

I wouldn't wish CK's physical condition on anyone.

But there's no excuse for anyone to remain that mistaken, to the extent in question, for this length of time, in a public forum.

Experience can be a great teacher . . . but some folks don't learn, easy.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

He looks a lot like the smart-ass kid in the school yard who always thought he was smarter than you. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Kristol.

Draft saved Draft deleted