1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Turning in my Man Card - Starbucks Edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I didn't. Now whip me up another Earl Grey Tea Latte and use WHOLE milk, not the skim.

2. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Hey Rags, you're killing the caff buzz here.

Hows about you go polish off a keg o' wheatgrass and get back to us.

:D

Love ya Rags)

3. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Luggie, I just like my coffee to be coffee, not sugar and cream with a bit of coffee added to it. A kid I used to work with and I used to go for wheatgrass shots. I have no idea where we got the idea and why we did it. He was 23, I was in my late 30s. We were a goofy combo. I also have no idea if it has any benefits. Not the tastiest stuff around, either. I think we did it for a month; we'd head out each day around the same time if I was around. They'd cut the grass and squeeze it through that thigamajig right in front of you. That stuff really is pretty gross, but we'd hold our noses and do it like shots of grain alcohol.

4. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Hyperglycemic coma. :D

5. The Big Ragu

Youch. Not only did I do the jerkoff post. I got that backward.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Let's be clear - I drink my coffee straight. Black. Every time.

It's tea I enjoy in "latte" form. If that's "dessert in a cup," well, I like dessert in a cup.

7. The Big Ragu

For the record, I called it "desert in a cup." (just reread my post). I deserved to be wrecked for that one too. Presumably they add water to the tea?

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Rags, I've done wheatgrass shots many times myself... And somehow I just knew you'd know what it was.

9. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

"I'll have a pumpkin latte, heavy on the cinnamon and light on the cloves."

"Hey, look, mister, we serve hard drinks in here for men who want to wake up fast. And we don't need any characters around to give the joint atmosphere. Is that clear? Do I have to slip you my lip for a convincer?"

10. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Get me. I'm givin' out wings.

11. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

Where on earth has this greek yogurt and honey parfait been all my life?

OK, it's been right in front of me while I pile caffeine and sugar in my fat gullet every other day. But now I've had it. So fucking win.

Draft saved Draft deleted