1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Turning in my Man Card - Starbucks Edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jan 9, 2010.

1. the espresso truffle automatically puts you on the local diabetic clinic's waiting list.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That caramel sea salt hot chocolate they always bring out in the winter is completely worth the cost. It's the only thing I drink there.

Well, that and the peppermint hot chocolate. :D

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I normally strongly dislike Starbucks, but the caramel apple cider is to die for.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

I like the iced lemon cake at Starbucks more than anything else, though I do enjoy a good mocha from time to time.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Earl Grey? Hot?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Legalized drug pushers, they are.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Java machine, cappuccino delight
    Expresso black and caramel lite
    Coffee dessert, yes you know it's "good news"
    But you'll have to have them all pulled out
    After the expresso truffle.

[​IMG]

8. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

If Starucks ever makes a masala tea as good as the Indian restaurant around the corner, my wallet will be $3 thinner a day.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I dig this, too. Haven't had it in a while. May be time for quick run though I hate to miss a minute of a Patriots' loss.

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Well, since you insist . . .

[​IMG]

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

the vanilla frappa-something or other is pretty good. Just like a milkshake.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

A combination of caffeine, refined white sugar and frothed cream in a cup: $3 or $4.

A case of diabetes: Priceless!!

Seriously, that Earl Grey thing isn't the worst thing I have seen from Starbucks. They have drinks that are 500+ calories and filled with enough sugar to induce a hypoglemic coma. But still, if you are having one of more of those every day, you might as well just eat cake or ice cream instead, because it's pretty much the same thing nutritionally. Those drinks are desert in a cup, not coffee. If it is a very occasional indulgence, I can see it being an "I am going to treat myself" thing. But a steady diet of that stuff is a bad idea, if you ask me.

Draft saved Draft deleted