1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Turning in my Man Card - Starbucks Edition

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Moderator1, Jan 9, 2010.

1. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

OK, so I'm a coffee guy. Nothing added. Like my coffee like I like my women and all that.
    Manly man stuff. Grrrrr.

So I get this coupon in the mail from Starbucks. Come try one of our free tea drinks. I go in and tell the guy, "Not really a tea guy. Give me your best one."
    He made me an Earl Grey Tea Latte.

Oh.
    My.

I fell in love and now I'm hooked and I pretty much think of an excuse every day to go by a Starbucks and get one. Still drink coffee in the a.m.

What other drinks am I missing out on?

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Drrrrrrrrrrr Pepper, my coffee of choice.

3. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Chai lattes are pretty good, especially if you've got a cold or sore throat.

I love the caramel macciatos and mochas, but those are only for late at night when I'm going to bed relatively soon. If I need caffeine, I go straight for whatever French Roast they have. If I need a little jolt, I go for the caramel or mocha. Smooth going down and tasty too.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Black?[/airplane]

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Whiskey - straight from the bottle.

6. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Dr Pepper but not what you think. Take a shot glass and fill it close to the top with Amaretto, layer the top with a touch of 151 rum. Get a glass that will hold the shot glass and fill it about halfway up with beer. Light the 151 on fire, drop the shot glass into the beer and chug it. Tastes just like Dr Pepper and will get you feeling good after about two of them!

7. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

The peppermint mocha was my drink of choice. But found out it has about 46g of sugar in a venti, so cut that out. Tried the skinny cinnamon dolce latte and was impressed.

8. Moderator1

Fortunately the kid at my local knows what I like now and makes it when he sees me, so I don't have to actually say the word "latte." Redeems me just a tad, I think.

I also like the peppermint hot chocolate. A lot.

9. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

You've ordered so many lattes that you don't have to ask for one, and you're claiming that as redemption? :D

10. Moderator1

Uh, uh *** that's not how I prefer to see the situation.

11. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Tastes just like Dr Pepper .... till your esophagus catches fire.

12. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

I like the white chocolate mochas. Only thing I order when I go to Starbucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted