1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Turn Your Hat Around Romo !

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Has anyone else noticed that NFL QB's all seems to be wearing baseball caps backwards at every opportunity.

It really makes you wonder if Reebok put out some memo asking QB's to make this fashion statement.

At every game I watched yesterday QB's had same style hat on -- backwards.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It gives him street cred at The Mall.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Maybe Michael Irvin was right.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

About what? Crack

5. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Didn't you know that Romo was trying to get Jessica Simpson back with that look? Romo thinks it's the cool way to look.

He needs help. Where the hell is Carrie Underwood that she can't make him see the light on this one? ::)

6. Boom_70

It was not just Romo - every NFL QB made same fashion statement yesterday - Grossman, Ben Roethlisberger. Someone is trying to sell hats.

7. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I know it wasn't Romo, but he is an easy target :D

8. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Serious, if dumb, question: could this be a league directive? For visual purposes?

A guy like Hasselback wants something on his head because he has no hair. But the cap bill does partially cover the face.

I have no dog in this hunt. Maybe they were all baseball catchers growing up.

9. Boom_70

It's what I am asking. It might not be a directive but it does seem very orchestrated by NFL properties.

If you notice every week most coaches are wearing same shirt seemingly based on what NFL wants to sell for that week - Yesterday coaches all had zippered closure polo shirts.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Boom, why don't you turn your hat around instead?

11. Boom_70

If the NFL pays me I will

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The backwards baseball cap is so 1999.

Draft saved Draft deleted