1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Turkey shoots down Russian plane

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Nov 24, 2015.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Wearing all that camo should really make a difference against ISIS.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

“There are times when there is a leader and not a leader [in the world], and when there are no leaders, chaos will ensue.”

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

4. Songbird

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

6. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Quite the left turn this thread has taken.

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Thomas Friedman's work started driving me nuts a few years ago. This is the same column he's written about Iran.

"I know people think this is hard-core Muslim state with nutty anti-American leadership, but I met a cab driver in Tehran who wants his country to be more like us! Change is coming!"

This is the same column he's written for years. It's like a Mad-lib with him now. Change the country, the leader and the "person on the street."

Stoney likes this.
  8. Songbird

This doesn't look like La Jah-la.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

10. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

From a different NYT story: "In quick succession this week, three small groups of people, from Syria, Pakistan and Afghanistan, have reportedly tried to enter the United States through the border with Mexico, fanning fears that violent jihadists could make their way into the country."

Who didn't see this coming?

11. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

There are corporate mergers. Why not have the US merge with Mexico, turn it into the 51st state, give them some benefits of some sort, and tell everyone down there to stay the fuck down there. Problem solved.

While we are at, make Puerto Rico the 52nd state.

I wouldn't go so far with Canada though. Not sure if I trust those fuckers.

old_tony likes this.
  12. Songbird

"ISIS members, every one of you is a pig-eating son of a whore. Fuck you, your mother, your faggot prophet, and that offspring of a pig you call Allah. Am I being too vague?"

Last edited: Nov 26, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted