1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Turkey shoots down Russian plane

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Nov 24, 2015.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Well, I walked into the Harvard-Yale game with my son on Saturday afternoon by walking through the most exclusive tailgating parking lot (prime location next to Yale Bowl) and got inside without buying a ticket to the game or going through any security.

But I felt bad for having bypassed the ticketing and security, so I went back outside, bought a couple of general admission seats, and waited on a line to go through a metal detector.

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Most every college football game I've been to, security was designed to prevent people from filling their bellies with something other than the $6 nachos and $5.50 Cokes on sale inside.

bigpern23 likes this.
  3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Well, my last Harvard-Yale game was at Harvard in 2004, and as there was a broken water main on Western Ave. near the stadium, I arrived late and was waved past the parking lot and into the VIP parking lot where the next car was Ted Kennedy's tailgate party, so maybe that was the reason it was so tight.

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

My God, I knew you and I don't get along for some reason. You could have taught your son the great American value of enjoying getting something for FREE. And that could be of value leading up to your eventual birds and the bees talk.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I remember the same day as that Super Bowl, there was a couple of random NBA games. If I remember correctly, one of them was something like a Warriors/Clippers game or something like that.

I had commented to my colleagues that if the terrorists really wanted to shake people up, with all the attention on the Super Bowl, they could hit the NBA game, kill a bunch of people and scare everyone else into thinking that even when we were trying to be at our most safe, they would find a vulnerable spot.

6. Michael_ Gee

They don't know that much about America. They know New York, LA, Disney World, the Super Bowl, and that's about it. It's just as if some Americans decided to blow up something in the Middle East. How many landmarks there could we name?

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Which one is Rainman?

Stoney, HC, cranberry and 1 other person like this.
  9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Shouldn't these guys get jobs? The odds of one of these Billy Badasses accidentally shooting a member of their own group are approximately 12,500 times higher than any of them foiling a terrorist plot.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  10. cranberry

I would like to write the script for that movie.

11. Michael_ Gee

It's only a matter of time before they shoot a law enforcement officer, or a carload of nuns under the impression they're hijab-wearing terrorists. Our society tolerates armed morons like this at its peril.

12. cranberry

Hell, anyone wandering around with a beard is in danger with those clowns.

Draft saved Draft deleted