1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Turkey invades Iraq

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Perry White, Jun 6, 2007.

1. Perry White

Perry White Active Member

Umm, this could end up bad: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070606/ap_on_re_mi_ea/turkey_iraq_11;_ylt=Ao0Y8YtKKMWeNS7edGksKzAE1vAI

ANKARA, Turkey - Several thousand Turkish troops crossed into northern Iraq early Wednesday to chase Kurdish guerrillas who operate from bases there, Turkish security officials told The Associated Press.
    Turkey has been building up its military forces on the Iraqi border recently, amid debate among political and military leaders about whether to attack separatist rebels of the PKK. The rebels stage raids in southeast Turkey after crossing over from hideouts in Iraq.

"We can't confirm a thing at this time, but we are looking into it and obviously we are very concerned," said Lt. Col. Christopher Garver, a military spokesman in Baghdad.

2. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Sonofabitch

Again, thank you Premier George Bush.

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I hope like hell somebody gave the Turks permission to do this.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Be very interesting to hear what those running for president on both sides of the aisle who have been advocating partitioning in Iraq have to say about this.

I mean, partition sounds great to an uneducated audience, but the fact that we promised Turkey we wouldn't do it does have to come up at some point...

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Between this and that fuckin' cyclone near Iran, we outta be seeing fuel near $4 in the non-metro areas of the country before the weekends out. Highest prices in the $4.50-$4.75 range?

6. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

But...but...according to CNN this morning, gas prices are on the way down.

7. Mmac

Mmac Guest

Wow. Didn't see that coming. Perhaps Turkey would like to take our place as Iraq's occupiers so our kids can come home. That'd be fine by me.

8. John

John Well-Known Member

I guess they weren't chicken.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That's Terrrrr-uhhh-bulllllll... [billwaltonvoice/]

10. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Mission Accomplished!!

11. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Not to defend the Idiot in Chief (594 days remaining, BTW) but you can also thank Winston Churchill, whose malletheaded policies after WW I (not to be confused with his malletheaded policies during WW I/see Gallipoli) created the Iraq disintegrating before your very eyes.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So if Turkey inserted into Iraq from the rear ... do you think Greece would help? :eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted