1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tuna erasing the chalkboard ... again

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spnited, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I would, too. Say what you want about him backing out, moving on, etc. The guy gets it done during the time he's there, however short.

That said, if I'm the Falcons, I would look at the Packers for inspiration. They hired a no-name GM and a no-name coach and look at them now. They seem to be OK.

2. So who's the Dolphins coach next year?

3. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Actually, TO mouthed off twice this year......after the Cowpokes loss to the Pats and this week after the Iggles game. Just like a leopard doesn't change its spots, TO (and to a certain extent Randy Moss) doesn't change. He is a very talented guy when his team is winning, he's catching a lot of balls and scoring TDs. Just when things start to go south he goes back to making an ass of himself, blowing up at teammates and yelling on the sidelines. Just ask, Mariucci, Steve, Reid, Andy (guys who couldn't handle TO)

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm guessing whoever it will be is not coaching a college team right now.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Maurice Carthon

6. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

My God: Parcells is the only subject Colin Blowherd can talk about the last two days. Somebody better get him some knee pads the way he's sucking up the the Tuna.

7. cortez

cortez Member

Sean Salisbury called Parcells the league's most underrated personnel man.
    No mention of the Bobby Carpenter pick midway through the first round two years ago. The guy's not even a useful special teams player

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The only one I can think of is Tony Sparano.

9. cortez

cortez Member

Paul Pasqualoni, linebackers
    He's also probably gonna go after Jeff Ireland, a personnel guy he brought in

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

Only "becoming?"

He'll coach the Dolphins.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

As if you needed any further confirmation of the cluelessness of THAT particular source . . .

12. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Bill picked the Phins over the Falcons because he can run topless on South Beach.

Draft saved Draft deleted