1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tulsa? Really?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by partain, Dec 24, 2009.

1. partain

partain Member

Story in this morning's Colorado Springs Gazette says Tulsa wants to host the Olympics.

I've been to Tulsa. Nothing wrong with it, but it doesn't exactly roll off the tongue with places like Los Angeles, Vancouver, Toyko, London, etc.

Would anybody be excited about going to the summer Olympics in Tulsa?

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think Tulsa would have a slight edge over Podunk

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fixed

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Is your dog smoking a joint?

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Birmingham, Alabama and not England, was also interested in getting the Summer Games. I think it was for 2020 but the mayor pushing for it, was in legal trouble over something, I forget, and I think the dream died with him.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh, it was more than just something... was like 60 counts of bribery and the like... he's the mayor no mo...

7. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Just yesterday there was a story in the Post talking about how the way Chicago was snubbed basically led all major US cities to say "fuck it" when it comes to the Olympics. The USOC carries the IOC, but right now there's a big schism between the two bureaucracies. It made it sound like if there is an Olympic bid in 2020, it's going to be either half-hearted or coming from a town with next to no support just trying to get on the map.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Fans and writers should enjoy 2016.
    Come for the rapes, stay for the murders. Brazil not safe yet, but we promise we will try real hard.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

On the other hand, if your ex-wife takes your kid and gets married and the douchebag new husband tries to kidnap your own son, you'll eventually get him back.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Or maybe you'll run into Michelle Johnson and Demi Moore on the beach. They'll probably still look good in 2016, Blame It On Rio + 32 years.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Shouldn't that say "stay for the kidnappings" instead?

12. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

I just want to get someone to clear this up for me.

Are we talking about THAT Tulsa? The same city that features restaurants the locals brag about? Restaurants the locals brag about that close up at 9 p.m. on a Saturday night?

Restaurants the locals brag about that close up at 9 p.m. on a Saturday night during a major golf championship? ::)

Please stop. You're killing me :D

Draft saved Draft deleted