1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tulane Beat Writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Riddick, Aug 3, 2007.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

Still an outstanding paper, though. I started reading it during Katrina and I haven't stopped.

2. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

I agree. I doubt their bottom line was damaged by Katrina. The amount of money that comes from actually selling the papers (racks, subscriptions) is minimal. I would think advertising right now would be strong. So many places wanting to bring folks back to stores and such.

3. SuperDeuce

SuperDeuce Member

Anyone know if Lynn Cunningham is male or female?

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I'm sure you will get paid with this job.

5. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

At least minimum wage.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I talked to someone who worked at the T-P and he said that circ wasn't hit that hard.
    Most of the badly damaged areas, like the Ninth Ward, weren't subscribing in the first place.
    And once people moved back, circ got back rolling again as people wanted their paper delivered and rack sales were strong, very strong.
    The internal numbers for lost circ were pegged to be under 10 percent of the pre-Katrina circulation.

7. Female. I met with her once in college while going after one of their internships. Nice lady.

8. It's all relative.

Some people might think $35K is a windfall.

Wondering if this one would pay at least $40?

9. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Considering the beat, I'm guessing 40k sounds about right.

10. I heard 50.

11. boots

boots New Member

She is an assistant to the editor.

Draft saved Draft deleted