1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tulane Beat Writer

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by Riddick, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Well... Who was it?

2. Was that really necessary to point out? I didn't know whites were the only people who knew how to write about sports. You've got to be kidding me. Something like 3 percent (maybe less) of sports newsrooms nationally are non-white male. Stop complaining, anybody who has problem with this "minority hire." Kick ass, whoever you are.

3. What London Calling said.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Who got the job?

5. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Who beat?

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Awesome, Del.

7. Mizzougrad96

This is thirdhand and I'm not posting names until I receive confirmation, but I've heard the hire is female. If it's the person I heard, she is more than qualified for this job and would be a very good hire... I also heard she turned the job down, so I don't know if they went back to her or what the deal was/is...

8. For those of you who don't visit the other boards very often, it's policy to disregard everything Yawn say about, well, anything.

9. dcdream

dcdream Member

The reporting is sooooooooooo off here its not funny. I won't reveal the candidate. However, lets say I know parties with direct knowledge of the hiring situation and the stuff placed on here in terms the candidate is wrong. Let's just wait until we get closer to an official voice.

10. Mizzougrad96

If the hire is a minority female who has been covering a major college for the last few years then my source was correct...

If not, then obviously it was bad info... I don't have a great deal of confidence in the source, who has PM'd me several times since the job was posted.

11. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

The Dangerously pipeline says thirtysomething Nakia Hogan is the winner.

Worked as an intern for the American Press in Lake Charles, La.
    First full-time job at The Times in Shreveport.
    Wanting to be back home in NOLA, he then worked for The Times-Picayune (part-time or correspondent, I think).
    Currently at The Star-Telegram in Fort Worth.

Soon to be back home in New Orleans, my sources say.

12. Seriously? When has the Picayune had a female sports editor?

Draft saved Draft deleted