1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tucson - g.a. reporter

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by More hideous than Ben Seaver, Jun 27, 2006.

1. johnnychoice

johnnychoice New Member

So....does anyone know if this has been filled or if they have their candidates narrowed down?

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i heard, that keeping in spirit with dallas and chicago, they hired three wal-mart greeter retirees to fill the one position on a part-time basis.

3. slim72

slim72 Member

That's because Wal-Mart greeters are the only demographic that reads and buys newspapers anymore. So it makes sense.

4. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

The ad on the Lee job site says the deadline to apply is July 31. Take that for what it is worth.

5. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Shannon at the AZ Daily Star says the position is closed, confirmed in an e-mail she sent to me when I inquired about the job. Don't know who got it, but figured I'd post it FWIW.

6. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Forget that July 31 deadline.

7. I'm a bit naive when it comes to this stuff, so does this mean they're not taking more applications or that they've actually made a hire?

8. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

It either means:
    1. Shannon made a hire and if so, good for her...
    2. Lee froze the position, which happens a lot of times when jobs are posted on here...
    3. She has enough resumes for the position and is sifting through them right now.

It could mean any of the above or something else.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fucking wal-mart employees getting all the good jobs out there.

and billy, if you're really interested in the job, find out for yourself if the position really is closed before you don't send a resume.

10. They are down to interviewing finalists for this position as confirmed by the sports editor.

11. angrymanatee

angrymanatee New Member

I believe this was finally filled. Don't know any details, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted