1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tucker Max retiring

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 4, 2012.

1. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

It had some Traci Lords in it, too, didn't it?

I didn't pay to see it, thank God, just caught it on a free HBO weekend.

2. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

I hate that asshole. That movie was awful.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Holy balls. I hope the therapist is getting paid a huge sum, but I can scarcely think of anything more awful than listening to Tucker Max talk about himself and his mommy and daddy issues four times a week. Four!

I was on a work trip somewhere once, bored of my mind, and I sat in the bookstore and skimmed through Hope They Serve Beer in Hell. I'm pretty sure someone had linked some of his stories here on SJ a long time ago, so I was sort of familiar with it. I distinctly remember the one about a chick at a wedding getting linked here, back when he was just doing his website. Some of it was entertaining in a car crash/voyeur way. But the whole thing where he started to sleep with women because he was Tucker Max, like they read his nasty stories, and then sought him out to fuck him, struck me as one of the most depressing things ever. Even as he was trying to write in a snarky, dismissive, arrogant sneer, it was obvious how sad and empty the whole thing was deep down for him. The fact that it played out this way is the least surprising thing ever.

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

I think the first time I remember seeing her was in early episodes of "Brothers and Sisters." She was Justin's girlfriend, best looking girl ever on that show.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Man, Ashton Kutcher drafted off your heat big time.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Tucker Max was great in Brubaker.

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I take Tucker for what he is...a frat boy asshole that found a way to make money being himself.

The guy liked to write about the trim he pulled in his 20s/early 30s. Good for him. He at least can spell and form a line of words better than the average college student. It's just his prose is booze and pussy and poop jokes.

I have bought every book he wrote and I find him hilarious.

Draft saved Draft deleted