1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tucker Carlson...how in the heck did this guy happen?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Alma, Jul 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Tucker Carlson is the most overtly racist host on Fox, hence he is its most popular host. He's about the endangered white race all the time. Hannity only about 70 percent of the time. Let's not delve into something so simple. Fox at night is for crabby old white people whose passing will be their finest service to their country.

2. Dog8Cats

Dog8Cats Well-Known Member

That is an absolutely brilliant way to state it.

3. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's so good at his job....

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Not having seen much of Carlson's show (I don't watch Fox News, because if I did I'd be buying a new TV every two weeks after putting my foot through the previous one), I liken it to what I always used to say about Greenberg and Golic and ESPN's morning show: They were put into the position of doing a show for a national drive-time audience that was hungry to listen to sports talk every day -- kinda hard to fail there. With Carlson, substitute hard-core (mostly senior-age) viewers who want to be spoon-fed what they want to hear in the evening and don't have O'Reilly to watch anymore.

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I have a buddy who is really into Carlson. I asked him about this.

People are down on Hannity/Ingraham, because they just "parrot" Trump. He likes Carlson because he says this guy is a "true conservative" who has taken some huge runs at Trump in the last few weeks. Apparently, he's the rare FOX guy who will say the President is doing a horrible job -- and that reasonated with viewers. I think it was linked in one of the news threads, but Carlson had one show where he ranted about businesses/property being destroyed and nothing being done about it.

That was the night the ratings really took off.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Thank you for evidence supporting my earlier post.

7. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

My friend is not "old" lol

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Horseshit.

9. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

I'm glad you mention Tucker because his is the only show I'll watch on TV except for sports. He is a brilliant host/commentator.
    Tucker is one of the ONLY individuals with a platform willing to call out the "mob." And that's what the protesters for the most part are ... a mob (at least in Seattle, Portland, New York, D.C., Minneapolis). Destroy Mt. Rushmore? Tucker Carlson would NEVER agree to such an idiotic stance on what is going on in America. He is one of the few to call out the mob (who by the way spread COVID no matter what the disgraceful mayors and governors tell you). Tucker Carlson is a bright light unwilling to bow to the mob of Covid spreaders. Media who write "most of the protestors were wearing masks; there is is no proof the protestors have contributed to the rise of COVID" should be ashamed of themsleves.
    Forgive me for being opinionated but this is a Tucker Carlson thread and I will defend him night after night.

Tech Trojan likes this.
  10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Plus, he wears nice suits.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Assume the university and not David.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.