1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Tubby's our basketball coach"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Mar 12, 2007.

1. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

The Kentucky AD's comment says nothing about whether Tubby Smith will return next year.

''Tubby's our basketball coach,'' athletic director Mitch Barnhart told The Associated Press on Monday. ''He's done a great job of representing the platform of Kentucky basketball. We'll always look to make adjustments to the things we've got to do to get better. Tubby and I will do that collectively.''

All he said is that Smith is currently the coach. We knew that.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Tuby is who we thought he was

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

And so is Tubby.

:)

4. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

Translation: Tubby's agent will be involved in negotiating a buyout package.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Tubby is what he is.

6. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

But is Barnhart gonna "crown his ass" or "let him off the hook."

Quite a subplot for the tournament.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I for one hope they replace Tubby and find someone who will put them right back where they belong ... NCAA probation.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I hope they fire Tubby, replace him with some beloved former white player like Travis Ford or John Pelphrey and then the team goes immediately into the shitter and has to play in the NIT for three consecutive seasons...

I don't think Barnhart is dumb enough to fire Tubby unless he had some huge name coach who desperately wanted the job...

9. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

Interesting... The beat reporters have been trying for weeks to speak with Barnhart about Tubby, but all they got was a lame statement. Then he's quoted by AP on the record. Anyone know how this happened or why he commented to the AP?
    (No, I'm not on the beat, but I'm curious)

10. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

What he gave the AP was pretty lame, too.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Dwayne Casey's looking for a job, right?

12. Travis Ford? John Pelphrey?

Mizzoufraud, are you stealing Boomer's schtick again? Better start paying royalties.

Draft saved Draft deleted