1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TSN ranking of 66 BCS coaches

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by WaylonJennings, May 6, 2007.

1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

If Grobe is top five, Richt should certainly be there as well. I don't get why no one ever gives Richt any love. Dude's done nothing but win at UGA.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Preach it, dog

3. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Not a big Erickson guy, but what he did at Oregon State was miraculous. You say his second best year was 8-5. He was there for what, three years? Everything that has happened at Oregon State -- the new stadium expansion, facilities -- is because of him.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

So how would a non-BCS coach like Gary Patterson at TCU rank in this group? No doubt a top 10.

5. thebiglead

thebiglead Member

These lists are sort of like walking into a bar and taking aim at the sloppiest mediocre chick in the joint. Easy target.
    Let me have at that! I'll score!

Let's rank the BCS coaches! It'll get people talking!

There's no writer at TSN that could, given all the space he needed, justify the Schiano ranking. It will make me avoid the link ...

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same about Jeff Bower of Southern Miss.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Saban is overrated. He won a BCS championship without even beating the best team (SC). He's been gone for 3 years (?). Its all about hype.

8. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Gotta give Mike Riley some credit - he posted OSU's best record in 27 years before he left for the NFL and Erickson took over. Erickson did a very good job, but Riley took care of a lot of the heavy lifting.

9. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

Saban might not be the best college coach in his own state.

And don't start with the national title thing. Tubbs was screwed over with a team that would have beaten Saban's 1-loss national title team.

People who think Saint Nick is going to waltz into that state and re-take the Iron Bowl with ease are so, so, so mistaken.

10. WS

WS Member

Won't dispute any of that, being a Bammer alum with a little more than three teeth remaining, but it will be interesting to see how Tuberville does when he actually has to coach against someone in the Iron Bowl.

11. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Sho 'nuff. Always felt Riley did not get enough credit. That said, Erickson pulled a helluva rebuild at Wazzu, too. The guy can flat coach.

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

And a probation-free Tide, too. Saban will bring that program back, but what Tubbs has built on the Plains is really, really impressive.

Draft saved Draft deleted