1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TSN baseball hire

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by playthrough, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

Hey, Mizzou, just come out and share with those of us who can't recall -- who got wronged in Milwaukee by Howard on the baseball beat? Who you propping up? Is there a chance that person could land back on the Brewers/MLB?

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

I don't know if your "stick" message was directed at me but I, like you, have an opinion. If you don't like it, that's cool.
    In this case, Ifilus wanted to know what smack was and I told him. In my opinion, the conversation was kind all the way around until you made your "stick" post.

3. dcdream

dcdream Member

So I will step back to the context of this conversation...

It started with Witrardo's move to TSN, who just left the J-S

A statement was made

If there is any justice in this business, the JS will make the obvious baseball hire and right one of Howard's many wrongs.

I respond: So am I to take that when JS hired Witrado, it one of Howard's wrongs?

Next response: Most certainly. Have you ever read his work?

How else am I expected to take this? I would have rather just say, my boy got beat out for the job at the MJS. I would respect that more. But instead you just say you don't like his work.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Geez, guys, this isn't that hard and it isn't that sinister. Mizzou is saying Milwaukee ought to hire one of the baseball guys being let go by Fanhouse. That would right the wrong Howard is doing by letting that guy go in order to replace him with Witrado.

Get it? A guy's out of a job because, in Mizzou's humble opinion, of Howard. Milwaukee should right that wrong by giving him a job.

Hey, Mizzou, that's how I read it. If I'm wrong, please let me know.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm saying Milwaukee should hire back one of the people who was let go during their layoffs. One of them would be perfect for this job.

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I stand corrected. Sorry you had to get slammed for trying to be positive.

7. dcdream

dcdream Member

I am all for re-hiring someone who got laid off. But it did not read that way to me. You know why. Because Garry Howard was was accused of the wrongs.
    How is he wrong for laying off 17 people. He had to do it.

So the only interpretation I can see of righting one of Garry's wrongs was hiring Witrado over someone else.

Do you follow now?

8. dcdream

dcdream Member

Remember this was Mizzou's original post

If there is any justice in this business, the JS will make the obvious baseball hire and right one of Howard's many wrongs.

9. Riddick

Riddick Active Member

Based on what I read, it seems like Mizzou is the only person with a clue about the inner workings in Milwaukee. All of his posts make perfect sense to me without taking more than the slightest of jabs at anyone else.
    With any luck, Milwaukee will be able to fill the vacant position and hopefully they'll look to someone with Brewers experience.

10. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

When my old man was working and there were layoffs at factories and such, the people laid off were the ones called back when times got better.

Now businesses want to lay off one set of workers and, if they ever hire anyone back, they want them to be cheaper, younger and altogether different people.

That's worse than bush league.

11. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

A big part of me wonders why someone who was laid off at one point would want to return to a company. Another part of me figures this industry is too fickle to have pride.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

Joe, you hit it on the head. I think that's what's so puzzling about about this economic mess we're in. I think everyone knows that they are replaceable but this is just plain wrong. Great post.

Draft saved Draft deleted