1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

TSN baseball hire

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by playthrough, Jan 17, 2011.

1. mediaguy

mediaguy Well-Known Member

When do you actually learn something from Bleacher Report? At best, it's a reaction to whatever news was generated hours/days earlier, or a quoteless regurgitation of what someone else wrote. Oh, wait, they do photo galleries of other people's photos, too.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wasn't saying anything bad about Witrado. I was saying something positive about the person he replaced.

3. Drip

Drip Active Member

dcdream is right. The guy has talent and it's a great opportunity. To come on a message board and knock him without revealing who you are isn't cool.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Let me make this clear because some of this talk started with my post. I was propping someone else up. I was not ripping Witrado.

5. dcdream

dcdream Member

Mizzou, I was responding to ifilus, who is talking smack about Anthony. I dont have a prob with you.

6. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Talking smack about Anthony? Really?

Here's my entire post:

Where is the "smack"?

7. Drip

Drip Active Member

From reading your post, it seems that you don't like his work.

8. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

I don't.

How does that equate to "talking smack"?

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Your post comes off that way. You don't make yourself bigger by putting a guy down on an anonymous message board. That's just not cool on so many different levels. You're free to do as you please and think the way that you are thinking. I just offered an opinion on the situation.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

He didn't put the guy down. He said he didn't care for his work. It's that simple. Not a knock on the guy, his ability, his work ethic. He simply didn't care for his work - period.
    Some people love steak, some don't. And it is his right. In no way did he try to make himself "bigger."

ifilus has been here for ages and has never been a poster to try and make himself "bigger."

11. dcdream

dcdream Member

Talking smack, questioning his work, same thing....in the context of your response made it seem he was unworthy to have his job. but hey thats just me. you can never hear tone in a voice on a message board.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

splitting hairs dc, but "questioning" his work and saying you don't like it are two different things.

I could read one story and think it is blah and you could totally love it. Neither of us is wrong.
    "I don't like it."
    "I do."

But if I say, "The writer took the lazy way out here." Or, "I think the writer made this shit up," there's a difference.

And that may be just me. I'm more inclined to listen to you than someone who gets a kick at poking with a stick and then playing the victim card when someone hits him with said stick.

Draft saved Draft deleted