1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

trying to follow seligian logic

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by beardpuller, Oct 28, 2008.

1. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Saw Jay Horwitz on the field after the game, so my postseason is complete.

(Saw mlb.com's Alyson Footer in the background, too)

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I saw him a couple nights ago pathetically trying to lead Ryan Howard to another interview.

My folks needed a new TV, anyway.

Asshole. That he had to watch the Phytins win it in Philly, and that he knows deep down in his pathetic, virginal soul that that's as close as he'll ever get to another ring, does fill my heart with a certain sinister joy.

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Someone mentioned this to me at the park yesterday: As long as the Phillies were ahead, the game would have had to go on until completion -- no matter how long or how many rain delays there were and how bad the playing surface had become.

Otherwise, fans would have begun celebrating a rain-shortened World Series victory and MLB would have had to inform them that, no, they had changed the rule without informing anyone. There would have been ugly riots.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Uglier than last night?

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

How about bringing back scheduled doubleheaders?

One every month would shorten the season by a week.

6. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Only way I see that happening is if they are scheduled day-night doubleheaders on say, Saturdays ... 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. starts.

No way will the owners voluntarily give up a few gates on doubleheaders.

7. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

You might be right, but you're not going to convince me that game is being suspended 48 hours if the Phillies are ahead, 17-1, and eight innings are in the books when it's called.

8. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Unless you're talking about two games with separate admissions, a doubleheader every month would be like giving away 240,000 tickets in most places.

Not going to happen.

9. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Plus the players hate day-night doubleheaders. I'm sure if that were proposed, the next CBA would not allow it.

I honestly can't say (at least for me) DHs are good. I hate em. Even as a major fan, I couldn't sit through 18 scheduled innings.

Draft saved Draft deleted