1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Truth in advertising: I DO love my nuts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Feb 27, 2010.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I was in the mood for Vietnamese food tonight. Since Vietnamese food is about as easy to come by where I live as figure skating wardrobe restraint is at the Olympics, I had to improvise.

I bought some vermicelli, some of that Vietnamese chili sauce and some cashews. No meat today, it's Lent, so I figured I'd sprinkle the cashews over the noodles and sauce and ... voila! ... instant ersatz-Saigon cafe meal.

Obviously the noodles and chili sauce were mega-easy, but who wants to chop up cashews just for a post-work meal? No problem ... I have a Slap Chop.

Did I say I have a Slap Chop? Oh no, no. I have three Slap Chops.

Why? I thought it would be cool on Mrs. Bubbler's birthday last year for my kids -- aged 7 and 6 -- to get mom a Slap Chop. My kids thought it was awesome and it made for a cute moment when my kids gave mom their kind of funny TV present.

Only ... I'm an idiot. When I tried to order the Slap Chop, I went to the Slap Chop web site and they had some two-for-one deal going. I went through the process of buying it, but then, whatever company makes those things kept asking for more and more information. I backed out of the sale and bought one at QVC or something.

At least I thought I backed out of the sale, until two weeks later, when two more Slap Chops arrived. I never recalled giving them any credit card number, but here they were.

Until today, I had never used any of them. So I whipped one my Slap Chops out of our formidable Slap Chop arsenal and went to work on my nuts.

I have to say ... the stupid thing really worked well. Those cashews chopped up very, very nicely and were the perfect little touch to my fake-ass Vietnamese meal.

So here's to you, Slap Chop. I really do love my nuts.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

John Kruk just threw up.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Someone has to.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Dogs love their nuts because they can

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I go to Pei Wei for my Vietnamese nuts.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

old joke;

guy walking in a park; comes across an old guy sitting on a park bench, and old bulldog licking his bulldog balls. guy says "damn, I sure wish I could do that." Old man says "Well, it's fine by me, but you better ask Brutus first."

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Scott Hamilton loves his nut.

8. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

So do Lance Armstrong and Tom Green.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I ate pad thai there on Friday. Two days later I am still full.

10. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

11. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I like the new Slap Chop commercial where they have run Vince's voice through autotune.

Draft saved Draft deleted