1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump to NBC: You can't fire me - I quit (also known as pulling an Omarosa)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, May 19, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

How the hell did that show last as long as it did?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I watch my share of Reality shit shows, but I only lasted about two seasons or so of The Apprentice...

It was awful...

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

A little copy editing was necessary.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I think I watched the first episode. That was enough for me.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

The last year? What was he before that? Mother Teresa?

He's entertaining in the "we're laughing at you, not with you" kinda way. And I get a kick out of how every interview I read with him has the "...told the Scrubeenie Times" after the first quote. Clearly, Trump's ego is so out-of-control he'll talk to ANYONE. His interviews are about as exclusive as a sunrise in the east. Don't flatter yourself because Trump called you back.

That show was insufferable. I was always amused by how Trump wasn't even close to the biggest dickhead on the show. Inevitably, most of the contestants were even bigger egomaniacs.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The last two Apprentices were shit, it was tough to think any of these people "deserved" to win. The Donald just mailed it in in LA and if that's not enough we also got too much of Don Jr. who seems nowhere near as competent as the contestants he was critquing. He'd be giving hummers in the bus station bathroom if his last name wasn't Trump.

7. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. Hustle

Hustle Guest

Or...
    [​IMG]

Though I was partial to Turd Sandwich.

9. Jim Rockford

Jim Rockford Member

If you ever spent time living in or near New York, you'd know Trump has been a douchebag for a lot longer than that.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It takes one of the biggest douches ever to make Rosie O'Donnell and Mark Cuban look sympathetic...

11. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Yoooooge vindication for Rosie. Guess it'll be a little while before Trump can afford another mistress.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I was disappointed Saturday Night Live didn't do a skit on Trump getting the heave-ho. Could have been hilarious, but I imagine the suits at NBC don't want to burn a bridge. I tape SNL now and it takes me about 15 minutes to watch because so much of the show is lame.

Draft saved Draft deleted