1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump to NBC: You can't fire me - I quit (also known as pulling an Omarosa)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, May 19, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Donald Trump, whose low-rated reality show "The Apprentice" was left off the new prime-time schedule unveiled this week by NBC, says the network can't fire him -- he quits.
    The real estate mogul issued a statement on Friday saying he has informed the U.S. television network he is "moving on from 'The Apprentice' to a major new TV venture," though he declined to elaborate.
    There was no immediate comment from NBC.
    But his announcement appeared to end any lingering doubt that "The Apprentice," which turned the self-styled tycoon into a television star and popularized the catch phrase, "You're fired," would be banished from NBC's airwaves next season.
    The corporate-themed reality show, which aired in dozens of countries around the world, featured young, aggressive entrepreneurs in a weekly game of elimination as they competed for a real-life job in Trump's business empire.
    "The Apprentice" debuted as a hit in 2004, averaging nearly 21 million viewers and ranking as the top-rated new U.S. TV show its first season. But the series dropped steadily in the ratings in successive years, losing nearly two-thirds of its original audience by the time it wrapped up its sixth installment last month.
    The show's future was cast into further doubt on Monday when the network announced a 2007-08 programming lineup that made no mention of Trump. But NBC executives refused then to absolutely rule out a reprieve once rival networks ABC, CBS and Fox had laid out their schedules for next season.
    The statement from Trump's organization seemed to spell a definitive end to the series.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

I bet you he's hooking up with JDV and Rokski.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

TV, not TB.....

4. DanOregon

Some sick part of me hopes his next HUGE TV venture is "The View." Either that or "The Price is Right"

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh my God, Trump hosting The Price Is Right would be outfuckingstanding. Barker's Beauties would be replaced by Trump's Tail. And he'd buy every the prizes at every Showcase Showdown. "Your price was $28,300. I'm sorry, I bought it for 3.4 million. You're fired."

6. DanOregon

The best part would be him telling contestants "sorry, you're a loser..."....and you're fat..." and "you really are an ugly person, I'm going to send one of my people over to steal your spouse..."

7. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Wasn't he just shitting all ovor Cuban because "The Apprentice" was sooooo successful, while "The Benefactor" was gone after a year?

8. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

This past season was the first time I watched The Apprentice. I'm glad it will be me last. It was pretty embarrassing to see the grandstanding and ass-kissing to "Mr. Trump". Good lord.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Dear Donald: Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on your way out.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Well, The Apprentice lasted six seasons and was a pretty big success when it first aired. I think it is safe to say that he kicked Cuban's ass at reality TV.

11. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Yeah, but isn't it funny that he was railed on him because his TV show was so great -- and then was immediately shitcanned?

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

In the last year, Trump has become one of the biggest douches around...

Draft saved Draft deleted