1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Makes sense. Trump is the ULTIMATE frat boy. (Not a compliment).

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Now I understand why @MisterCreosote dislikes him so much.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Yes. When did you start paying attention?

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It's funny, I heard that non-stop from the left until it became obvious that Herself had only Der Trumpendipshit to beat. I mean, I can recall some posters around here saying that great gobs of people were dying prematurely because our government wasn't looking out for them. Then all of a sudden the lefties went all "everything is awesome!" Can't imagine what changed their minds.

SpeedTchr, Mr. Sunshine and old_tony like this.
  5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Guys can get laid without even pretending to support the girl's preferred tree-hugger? That's the saddest thing I've read about America in a long time.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It's a world gone mad ...

7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I did. Heck, I remember writing in one of my high school journals how much trouble the country was going to be in after Carter won. I called that one as a junior in high school.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Eh, 4 years of peace, and the man named Volcker to head the Fed late in his term. That would have turned things around for him had he been re-elected. Instead, Reagan kept Volcker, and things turned around in the middle of Ronnie's first term instead.

Not too terrible, all things considered.

X-Hack likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Would you take Carter over Clinton or Trump?

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Started to get interested in high school during the first Gulf War. SNL's political stuff at the time got me more interested.

Really got plugged in and started paying attention in college, as I'd expect most do. Didn't date many who were plugged into politics. Until I met my wife. We're both news and political junkies.

We mostly agree. I'm fascinated by couples who are opposed politically. Like Mary Matalin and James Carville.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

No chance. Clinton gave us the first GOP House in something like 50 years, leading to prosperity that almost matched the Reagan years.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hillary, not Bill.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.