1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Pivot!

2. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

As it stands the country is more broken apart than any time since LBJ. He had the good sense not to run for a 2nd term.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

As depressing as the status quo is right now, I might be OK with that. Then in four years we can hopefully get a do-over and send her back to Arkansas Illinois New York.

4. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

If Hillary wins it will be 4 years of saying yes to I'd rather gnaw my arm off .

Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
  5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Not trying to be contentious Batman, just curious. What is so depressing about the state of the US in 2016? Are problems worse than they used to be? All the socioeconomic data says no, with the one important exception of income growth and equality.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

BuzzFeed -- who had the original report -- is backing away from the story, as the campaign denies it:

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

We had a black guy who was president and he made sure more people had health insurance, the markets sky rocketed, the jobless rate plummeted, there were exponentially fewer US war casualties and we killed Bin Laden. It was just awful.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
  8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You're right. She should have flown to Louisiana for three hours the way Trump did. That would have fixed everything.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

We don't, you know, win anymore

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Literally as I was reading this, my phone dinged. "USA Women win sixth straight Basketball Gold", the bulletin read.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Had dinner with some young cousins tonight. They were telling me all the frats at their colleges were big Trumpers. They said some college-oriented websites which normally feature photos of scantily-clad girls have gone all-in on posting pro-Trump memes. I think that's very odd. When y'all were in college, did you pay that much attention to politics?

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

They're riding the rebellion buzz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.