1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Do you think he should clock out if he has to go to the bathroom?

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This is top notch Baron.

3. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Like what?

The ACA was a Republican idea. It came from the Heritage Foundation. Bob Dole was proposing in in the 90s. It's what Romney put in place in Massachusetts. Some of the details between what's in Massachusetts and the ACA may differ but the big rocks are the same. It's hardly the "government takeover of the health care industry" Republicans say it is.

Personally, I'd prefer some sort of public/private hybrid, but if it's either the ACA or leaving 20 million uninsured, I don't see how the way it was before was better.

4. Baron Scicluna

Hey, I'm not the one who insists that the president must be celibate for the 4-8 years they're in office because they're on the taxpayer dime.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Have their been any successes in the Obama/Clinton foreign policy?

Clinton surely isn't running on them.

6. Baron Scicluna

Mission Accomplished

7. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

To be fair to Baron, he'll never undersstand why what Clinton did was sexual harassment since he could never imagine himself having any amount power of power over anyone.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I heard one of our US Senators on the radio the other day talking about Obamacare and driving home the "repeal and replace" mantra. The host said "I've seen lots of attempts at repeal, but I have yet to see anything proposed to replace it." The Senator said he had a plan ready to introduce ... as soon as a Republican was in the White House.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Kind of like Nixon's "secret plan" to win the Vietnam War.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

Trump's campaign and Ailes' attorney both deny that Ailes is advising Trump -- formally or informally.

Any other news orgs confirmed the Times report, or is this another case of a single anonymous source, speaking to one reporter?

11. YankeeFan

Knocking Bush isn't the same as pointing out the successes of Obama-Clinton.

Are there any? If so, why isn't she running on her record as SoS?

12. Baron Scicluna

4,222 American soldiers died in Iraq before Obama/Clinton took office. 282 American soldiers have died in Iraq during Obama/Clinton's term.

iCasualties | OIF | Iraq | Fatalities By Year

Thousands of American families aren't having their loved ones killed halfway across the globe. That's a success right there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.