1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Truly strange films

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Feb 12, 2007.

1. La Chien Andalou.
    Repulsion.
    Caddyshack.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Roman Polanski's Macbeth. Seriously. It's not that strange if you realize who the director is and what happened to his wife and unborn child, but that is the darkest, bloodiest couple hours of all time.

American Beauty. I thought this was the best film I'd ever seen, right up until the ending -- WHICH MADE NO SENSE!

Blue Velvet is truly odd, but that's mostly the point.

I watched something called Generation Doom in college that my art school buddies swore by. Fucked up, to say the least.

3. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Eternal Sunshine almost rises to the level of The Things They Carried for me, in that if you don't like it, I don't know that we can be friends. It's just one of those pieces of art that shakes me to my core, and I feel like I see the world differently (not better, just differently) than those who don't like it or get it.

4. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Well put. Great movie.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I may lose my SportsJournalists.com status, here, but I will readily admit I have never seen Heathers. No particular reason other than I just haven't.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Allen, you're officially dead to SportsJournalists.com HeathersNation until you rent it.

ES-KI-MO.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Hell, I don't even know the plot or who's in it. Like I said, no reason for not having season. Problem is, I don't rent movies, I buy them, but I do it very sparingly. Maybe if the SportsJournalists.com nation could convince me, I'd buy it.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Quit being such a mega-bitch and buy the fucker.

In all seriousness, you can probably pick it up for $10 or less at your local big box.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Wow. I don't think I've ever been referred to as a mega-bitch. That's a first. Thanks Zeke! :D

I just looked up the plot on IMDB...three girls named Heather. Interesting premise.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And the leader of that nation is Bitter Young Heather

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Don't forget I'mjustaHeather.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Good call... I don't think Dooley Womheather is in on this...

Draft saved Draft deleted