1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

True story?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YankeeFan, Jul 8, 2015.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I watched you yesterday argue here with another poster about a Dick Whitman argument - that was happening on another message board! I didn't give a shit about Dick Whitman's insecurities when he was here. And now you're arguing here about a thread that took place on another message board? Go fuck yourself!

I would have run your ass forever off this board if I were in charge.

John B. Foster likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

So on May 26, 2015 she posts this photo on Instagram in what appears to be a proposal at Heathrow.

2 days later they were taking selfies in India.

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 10.30.12 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-08-16 at 10.34.00 AM.png

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Dude, I never ever mentioned any other board, until folks here did -- including yourself.

Then, @franticscribe comes along and references it, acting like he's all offended by some simple shenanigans, that were both harmless and funny.

I only meant to point out how disingenuous his faux outrage was.

4. YankeeFan

And, btw, everyone thought it was funny when I suggested that people change their avatar to Yosemite Sam, after Moddy had made fun of Old Tony by calling him that.

Moderators participated in that little act of humor.

Yesterday was no different. Seeing the first page of the "Sports & News" section populated almost exclusively by threads that Dick had started was funny, and didn't hurt or target anyone.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You guys have some serious neediness issues. Jesus fucking christ. Now you're having to explain message board arguments across two boards.

All this message board mishegas - it's just ponderous, man. Fucking ponderous!

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't think YankeeFan really cares that much, either. This is just part of his mission to distribute flaming bags of shit on the site for Dickie and or his own love of being a jackass.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

And the Internet world would surely be a better place if it were so.

8. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

It was funny for a second and then y'all decided to beat it like a dead mule.

What bothered me wasn't so much the shenanigans themselves, it's that you cook these things up over there - like you did with your fake claims about a PM from a moderator - so everyone over there could get their shits and giggles in. It makes me sceptical of all your posts in a way I didn't used to be. Sad!

John B. Foster likes this.
  9. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He always deserved the skepticism. He's just making it even more obvious now.

11. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Wait, there’s ANOTHER message board?!?!?

garrow likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

People must have liked this story, as I’m now getting it as a promoted teeet from the Times.

Draft saved Draft deleted