1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

True Blood Summer 2012 (Season V)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't recall them mentioning having a past history prior to their first meeting a few years ago in Bon Temps/Shreveport in series real time. If they have known each other much longer, there should have been a casual "well back in 1903" or whatever said. Pam would have thrown out a "when you killed one of my hookers ... " or something.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

After righting the ship for a while following the whole faerie disaster, True Blood goes back there...only this time, there's an orgy minus any boobs. Or an interesting storyline. And don't the writers know viewers could give a fuck-all about the whole Terry backstory? Or frontstory, for that matter?

And what show are the Vampire Authority on? All their scenes look like they are shot on different cameras, with a completely different crew, than the Bontemps scenes. WTF? Not that it matters much, anyway, since that's a stupid storyline, too.

Eric and Bill tied at the waist with their balls on a shelf in the form of some silver stake BS?

Yeah, it pisses me off just how stupid this show has become.

Plus, HBO renewed it today.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I agree on the Bill-Eric backstory. Should have been referenced in Season 1.

4. Shoeless Joe

please, Please, PLEASE would somebody stake Tara. I'll do it. No charge. I'll even bring my own stake.

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I thought they hinted from the beginning they have been acquainted for quite a while and had reasons not to particularly like each other.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

^^^ My recollections as well.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't recall that all, but maybe I missed it.

And Tara's the only storyline I'm really into so far.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'm less interested in Tara's issues and more concerned about Bill and Eric's predicament.

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I did enjoy Pam's line to Eric:
    "Congratulations, you're a grandfather!"

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Because a couple of friends watch this show, I decided to get into it and have gotten completely caught up in the span of about a month.

I agree with one thing: The Terry storyline just puts me to sleep. I'm sure there will be a payoff at some point, but it's just really tedious.

Also, I've learned to drink every time Sookie tears up. Gets you good and drunk by the end of an episode ...

11. Shoeless Joe

If you are liking it now, go back and catch the first couple of seasons. They are the best. Season 4 and now 5 is getting silly.

I agree on the story lines. It's like Game of Thrones, I could do with a few less story lines and more action from the main arc.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

No, I mean COMPLETELY caught up. Watched from the beginning. My favorite by far was season 2, though the whole people with black eyes banging doggy style thing really freaked me out. Creepy.

Season 5 is definitely getting silly. But it's good guilty pleasure watching.

Next on the list to knock out on HBO GO: Boardwalk Empire.

Draft saved Draft deleted