1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

True Blood: Season 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shoeless Joe, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I'd just like to say God bless Anna Paquin

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He already did.

3. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I'd just like to say that I am almost over the show at this point. These plot lines are so goddamn boring. The last two minutes were the only redeeming part of the entire episode. (TWSS)

4. Shoeless Joe

I thought last night's was a little better in terms of keeping the story lines compact. There are still waaaay too many, but I didn't get the sense that last night's show was all over the place.

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I like the main storyline about the necormancer and the vampires.
    And I like the evil baby.

6. LeCranke

LeCranke Member

You know what's better than a 4-minute scene of two vampires, strapped in silver, talking to each other about their relationship? A nearly identical one immediately following.

Snore.

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

This. I got up 20 seconds into that scene to get a beer and put the chips away. Anyone care to make a count on the number of storylines they have going on right now? 10? 15?
    I understand that "everyone has their own story" in life...but for a TV show...it's a tad too much.

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I can understand not enjoying the show, but I don't think the number of storylines is the issue.
    Perhaps the storylines aren't compelling, which makes it seem as if they're more of them.
    But I don't think there are actually more storylines than the previous seasons.

9. Shoeless Joe

1. Sookie/Eric/Bill love interests
    2. Sam/Tommy/shifters in general
    3. werewolves
    4. werepanthers
    5. Tara
    6. witches
    7. Lafayette/Jesus
    8. evil baby
    9. Jason/Jessica/Hoyt
    10. fairies (which seems to be put on the back burner for the moment)
    that's just 10 quick ones with some of the sub story lines just lumped in with overall ones

and while I enjoy watching Anna P gettin all kinds of freaky, I'm thinking if I was Stephen Moyer - her husband in real life - I don't think I'd be real appreciative of it. There are ways to create illusions in acting, and while there likely isn't actual penetration taking place, Alexander Skarsgard is certainly getting a taste.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Although I like Eric and Sookie separately, they have about as much chemistry as a fig and an iguana. Sam could sniff glue and die for all I care, and Lafayette and Jesus just need to Thelma and Louise it at this point. I don't give a shit about the witches (although the woman who plays Marnie is an excellent actress). I don't understand why any character, even one as dumb as Tara, continues to walk along dark, swampy Bon Temps roads in the middle of the night. What the fuck is wrong with these people?

I never watched this show anticipating incredibly authentic plot lines, but everything seems so forced this year.

I do like the demon baby, bad Bill and the Jessica/Hoyt/Jason stuff. That's about it. Oh, and rotting Pam and forgetful Eric. They have their moments.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Last season

1. Sookie/Bill love interest
    2. Bill disapears/Vampire king
    3. Werewolves
    4. Werepanthers/Jason's love interest
    5. Hoyt and Jessica relationship plus Hoyt's mother
    6. Tara gets kidnapped by an insane vampire
    7. Sam finds his family
    8. Arlene is pregant
    9. Faeries

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't like the nice Eric, but rotting Pam is great.

Draft saved Draft deleted