1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

True Blood: Season 4

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shoeless Joe, Jun 27, 2011.

1. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

What did you think of the season opener?

I like the way it's going so far, but wish they'd cut back on introducing new super natural beings. I guess it's all there in the books (which I haven't read), but would prefer from simplistic standpoint just to leave it at vampires and maybe werewolves.

Let's see, we've got vampires, werewolves, shape shifters, werepanthers, a Greek goddess, fairies good and bad it seems, witches ...

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

1) Not enough boobs.

2) Snore.

3) See No. 1.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

i tune in to watch out of habit at this point. it's up against NOTHING in its time slot this summer, unless showtime cranks up one of its shows on sundays soon. but 'true blood' is little more than background noise to me at this juncture. this whole vampire craze just doesn't do it for me. ::)

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Did the girl from Big Bang Theory ever get naked on True Blood?

5. John

John Well-Known Member

This show is starting to feel a little like Lost for me at this point. It got off to a very strong start but now there are so many side stories and such going on that I just want to head toward the finish line.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The premier was not very good, but we enjoyed last season, so we'll stick it out.
    I was ready to give up at the premier of the second season but stuck with it.
    I'm not watching anything else during a summer Sunday evening.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Have they added a kraken yet? Or trolls? Or Swamp Thing?

They need more mythological creatures.

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

It is time for Eric to release his kraken. Seriously, though, I have read all the books, and the mythological creatures are all over the place. Including trolls. But, they are more like wallpaper. The TV show features them much, much more, probably to its detriment. Still, True Blood is a great way to pass a summer Sunday night. I always look forward to it.

I thought there would be more interest from you horndogs in the new "Tara-is-a-cage-fighting-lesbian" storyline.

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

She did not. Think she played a religious fanatic, of sorts.

10. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

At least there are books to follow. I don't know how closely. My wife is the True Blood fan.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That's unfortunate. :D

12. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

The TV show no longer follows the books. At all. You may as well read the Berenstain Bears for True Blood plot developments and clarification.

Draft saved Draft deleted