1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

True Blood: Season 3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 13, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

That was worse than awful. Do you remember when Snoop Dogg was a bad-ass gangsta rapper who killed people and stuff? Now he's appearing on soap operas and doing shit like this. I figure he's three years away from the Super Bowl halftime show.

But he did have a line in there about Sookie smoking a blunt, which was kinda funny.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Yeah, that was the best line. True blunt.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

As soon as it started, I couldn't change the channel fast enough.

4. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

It really was wretched. I watched in utter horror. And I'm glad I did. I laughed my ass off.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Care Bear is right. It demanded to be seen. Just once.

6. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

Yeah I watched it and liked it from a funny standpoint. Don't think I'll be cruising down the road listening to it (or any other SD song except for the Gourds' version of Gin and Juice) in the truck, but I was laughing my tail off.

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Thankfully, the DVR cut it off.

As for the criticism about the show getting too campy, it's always been camp. It's a soap opera about vampires.
    It's the modern 'Dark Shadows,' and it's the only good thing related to the current American vampire fascination.

8. Michael Echan

Michael Echan Member

Does anyone know about the English vamp and what is he doing snooping around (no pun intended)?

Also, can the whole werewolf angle be better used?

9. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I can't recite it, but if you do some looking on wikipedia under a search for the books not the show, they have character rundowns. I haven't read any of the books, but it seems the show is diverging from them a good bit.

I like the werewolf angle much better than I did last season's stuff with Maryanne (sp?) taking over the town. From the reading I did on wikipedia, it seems the book wind up completely off the deep end and there are more supernatural beings (vamps, werewolves, weretigers, shape shifters, witches, fairies) than there are regular people.

Draft saved Draft deleted