1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

True Blood: Season 3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 13, 2010.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Babes, boobs and blood! Back in nine minutes on the east coast!

Any fans here? My wife and I caught the first two seasons over the last few months. Great campy fun. And Anna Paquin's breasts define the word exquisite. There's some weird-ass shit going on at the end of season 2 (watching the finale now) but it's really good guilty pleasure stuff.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Crap. Completely forgot that was on last night. Fortunately, they replay each episode 30 times a week. They really do take the level of freaky to the point that it is ridiculous sometimes, but it is an entertaining show.

Less blood and more of Anna Paquin's boobs would make it that much better.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Despite the rave reviews of Anna Paquin's boobies, I still have little desire to watch this show. Is it just another awful vampire show/movie? Am I sleeping on a great show?

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Just like the books, it starts out great then just gets decent by the end of season 1. By the end of season 2, it's bizarre. And by the end of season 3 it will be horrible. I got the whole set as a gift (eight or nine books) and I just stopped reading by midway through the fifth.

It starts out as "What if vampires were real and able to stop hiding because of synthetic blood, but everything else about the world were the same?" and that's a nifty little concept. Then it gets into "Oh yeah, I got bored with vampires so a bunch of other stuff is real too."

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Sonner, it's funny. It's campy. It's not stupid. You are missing out. And even I enjoy Anna's breasts. Although, the gap in her teeth does make me want to see how many threads of floss I could fit in there. I'm certain other people have different ideas about that.

6. Peytons place

Peytons place Member

I love this show, although more Eric definitely wouldn't hurt.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I need to start watching this show.

8. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Very enjoyable. Perhaps could even qualify as a guilty pleasure. Also one of the few shows in which I don't fast forward past the opening credits/song.

9. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I wanna do real bad things with youuuuuu

10. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

I do have to say that I liked the show at its outset better than the direction it took last season. I still haven't and don't plan to miss an episode. I really like the show.

I did shout out "WTF" during Sam's dream sequence.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

He drank Bill's blood last season. That was part of their plot to kill the maenad.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If it's anything like the books, from what I'm told, you will get your wish.

Draft saved Draft deleted