1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Troy Smith's speech

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by bigugly, Dec 10, 2006.

1. bigugly

bigugly Member

where he mentioned Steve Snapp the SID was really classy. My last post was about Ego Maniac SID's but Snapp is one of the best. Who else do you all think is very good?

2. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Jim Streeter at Eastern Michigan is great.

And, I'm not sure if SID is his title, Bruce Madej at Michigan is at the top as well.

3. Bucknutty

Bucknutty Member

I will try to say this as nicely as possible: any media member who says they enjoy working with Steve Snapp, or even that he is good at his job, is lying. The man is miserable, and if it wasn't for Brady Quinn packing it in during big games this season Smith would likely have lost the Heisman.

Incompetent would be a good word to describe "The Snapper."

Good SIDs to work for? Sam Ferguson at Averett is the only one that comes to mind. Jim Streeter is pretty solid as well, P.O.

4. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Anyone who ever tried to dial into the non-publicized Smith-Ginn teleconferences this year and wasted their time as one or the other either didn't show or the phones wouldn't work, or tried in vain to contact Snapp for info on upcoming Smith availability only to get no response, knows where Bucknutty is coming from.

5. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

I thought that was absolutely hilarious that he thanked him. That's an SID's dream. The Snapper looked as if he was going to cry.

6. wheels89

wheels89 Active Member

Whenever The Snapper can give a straight, honest answer, that will be the first time.

7. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

JD Campbell, of Bowling Green fame, is awful. Awful awful.

8. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

haha!

9. bigugly

bigugly Member

I can say that Snapp has been great to work with. I saw some of you commented on working for him and I can't comment on that. I can say that he has been terrific to me.

10. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

You concur, I presume? And I'm not just a bitter one-timer. I dealt with him for two years, he sucks. Out loud.

11. writer of ball

writer of ball New Member

Great to work with? You with ESPN? Snapp is the biggest prick in the business. No sense of ethics and is just a miserable person. You can even sense the tension between Tressel and him.

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

claude felton at uga is a fuckin' saint

Draft saved Draft deleted