1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Troy Smith injury: rumor running around

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by D-3 Fan, Nov 16, 2006.

1. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I'm listening to local radio tonight and the host has Dick "Hoops" Weiss on air and Weiss has said that Smith has a thumb injury that could affect his play on Saturday vs. Michigan.

Now, I don't believe everything our local host says since he's a blowhard, but can anyone confirm or shoot down this rumor? I find it very hard that this can be such a breaking story and someone has the scoop so soon?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

That's no rumor. He did injure his thumb. It was reported a week ago that he has been playing with a sore thumb for several weeks.

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/football/football.php?story=dispatch/2006/11/09/20061109-E10-02.html

It if is now severe enough to keep him out of the Michigan game, that is new news.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Unfortunately for Hoops, news of his awful toupee is entirely true.

4. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Thanks TSP and BYH. The local monkey made it sound like Smith couldn't grip the football during practice and damn near made it a big story, which ended up being nothing more than an old injury. Weiss corrected him and said that the injury has bothered Troy, but he continued to practice and it appears that he'll go this weekend.

I knew I could rely on SportsJournalists.comville to straighten out the crook in the road!!!

Hoops needs a new toupee, for sure.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I couldn't imagine Troy Smith playing with that injury all year and then missing the Michigan game because of it!!

Draft saved Draft deleted