1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tropical Storm Fay

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Aug 15, 2008.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

If they made it through Ivan, I wouldn't worry much.

2. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

JD,

Anything else APPROACHING Katrina, I'm outta here.

Once was enough.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Was an earlier ngfdl... that moved.

And Ivan didn't do much in our neck of the woods.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

New models at Weather Underground. Three call for a Pensacola landing, two south of Tallahassee, two at Sarasota and one has it back at Fort Myers.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Here's the storm surge map for Tampa-St. Pete. Wouldn't be pretty.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Colton

Colton Active Member

Thoughts and prayers to all in the Sunshine State.

(Barely) survived Hurricane Agnes in Middletown, Pa. in 1972. Still have nightmares about it from time to time.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Talked to my floks tonight, they have their storm shutters on and the car is gassed in case they have to split. They don't want to get Charlied again.

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

National Hurricane Center has revised eastward, and is now predicting a Tuesday afternoon landfall between Naples and Sarasota. Weather Channel folks have basically the same prediction.

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

Yeah, you're right; the closer one of these things gets, the more likely it is they'll be out surfing. I was speaking of visitors who might want to leave; 99 percent of them wait until the last minute, when everyone else has already clogged the routes out.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I wonder how many of the hotels will close and kick out visitors.

11. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

I just woke up. I haven't read anything other than posts here. What I see is a storm that appears to be gaining strength and sliding more to the east than previously predicted. In fact, what I just saw showed it going right of the southern tip of Florida. Admittedly, I drank margaritas and mojitos Sunday afternoon, but I'm not drunk now. Is this thing moving east at this very moment?

12. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Oh, I guess that big mass of shit isn't part of the eye. It might suck it back in as it gains strength now over the open water. It's a wait-and-see game for sure. This one looks fairly unpredictable. My bet is that it falls apart by 3 p.m. and poses little threat. If you're in the path of this thing, though, don't listen to me.

Draft saved Draft deleted